Need to make some Valentine’s Day cards for your loved ones? You can put together this easy handmade Valentine card in less than 5 minutes!
I made this cute card to give to my husband this year for Valentine’s Day. The sentiment in the center heart reads “You’re my Valentine every single day.”
I just love that sentiment! It’s a perfect way for me to let my husband know that even after 24 years of marriage, I am as much in love with him as ever.
These easy homemade valentine cards were made with the Stampin Up Sure Do Love You and Heart Happiness stamp sets. So much fun for all your Valentine’s Day crafts!
Sure Do Love You easy handmade Valentine card supplies
Heart Happiness Stamp SetSure Do Love You Stamp SetLots To Love Box Framelits DiesStitched Shapes Framelits DiesPainted With Love Designer Series PaperInk Pads in Melon Mambo and Rich RazzleberryCardstock in Powder Pink and Whisper WhiteAdhesive (Snail Tape Runner and Stampin Dimensionals)
Reminder! If you buy $50 in products from my Stampin Up store using this month’s host code (listed on the sidebar at the right of this page), you will receive a Sale-a-bration gift from Stampin Up and a Sweetheart Embossing Folder from me. See the free embossing folder details here!
Sure Do Love You Homemade Valentine Cards Instructions:
Cut the paper:
- Cut a piece of Powder Pink cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Place the long edge at the top of a scoring board and score at 4-1/4″. Fold in half to form your card base.
- Cut a piece of Painted With Love Designer Series Paper to 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Using Melon Mambo ink, stamp 2 of the heart with horizontal lines (from the Heart Happiness stamp set) on Whisper White cardstock.
- Clean the heart stamp off with a Stampin Scrub.
- Using Rich Razzleberry ink, stamp 2 of the same heart image on Whisper White cardstock.
- Using Melon Mambo ink, stamp the heart sentiment (from the Sure Do Love You stamp set) on Powder Pink cardstock.
- Use the 1-3/4″ square die (from the Stitched Shapes Die Set) to cut out all 4 patterned heart images.
- Use the large heart die (from the Lots to Love Box Framelits Die Set) to cut out the heart sentiment.
Assembling the card:
- Adhere the designer series paper layer to the card base.
- Referring to the picture above for placement, adhere the 4 squares to your card.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the heart shaped sentiment to the center of the 4 squares.
Change it up!
By changing up the stamps and background paper, you can achieve a different look.
Upper right: I used a different design from the Painted With Love Designer Series Paper for the background.
Lower right: I moved the squares closer together and used a banner at the bottom instead of the heart die cut.
Lower left: Instead of the squares, I die cut stamped heart images. The sentiment is on a banner at the bottom.
Get these 4 handmade Valentine’s Day cards for free!
The next person to join my Stampin Up team by purchasing the starter kit will receive these 4 valentine cards in their welcome pack from me. No need to sell anything if you don’t want to – I welcome hobby stampers!
The starter kit is a GREAT value if you are really into paper crafting. It is $99. That gets you $125 in product of your choice and the starter kit ships free. That will also give you an automatic 20% discount on your Stampin Up purchases.
In addition, during Sale-a-bration, you will get 2 additional stamp sets of your choice for free – up to $100 in value! Plus you will get a welcome kit of goodies from me and access to 2 exclusive Facebook groups where you can connect with other paper crafters, receive plenty of project ideas and inspiration, and take part in fun giveaways.
Pin this 5 minute handmade Valentine card idea for later:
I hope you this easy handmade Valentine card tutorial has inspired you to make and send some cards to your loved ones this February. While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of my projects that use the Stampin Up Sure Do Love You stamp set. Happy crafting!