Looking for ideas for easy Halloween treats for kids? These Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets treats are sure to be a hit and they are easy to make too!
I always enjoyed making Halloween treats to send in with my kids for their class parties. Although my youngest child is now a teen and doesn’t have class parties, she still asks me to make little treats that she can give to her friends. The fun part though is that now she enjoys making them with me!
I made these spooky cat Hershey Nugget treats using the Stampin Up Spooky Cat Stamp Set and coordinating Cat Punch that are from the new 2017 Stampin Up holiday catalog.
I just love the Halloween sayings on the cat stamp. Could it be any cuter?! And the coordinating cat punch makes it super quick to cut out the cats – which saves you a ton of time.
These Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets are easy Halloween treats for kids that would be great for sending in to class parties. In addition, they are so easy to make that you could quickly whip up a bunch to give out to the kids for trick-or-treating. Keep reading to learn how to make them.
Supplies Needed to Make These Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets Easy Halloween Treats for Kids
Spooky Cat Stamp SetCat PunchHershey’s Nuggets Chocolate AssortmentSpooky Night Designer Series PaperPumpkin Pie CardstockBlack and White Baker’s TwineMetallic Enamel ShapesPaper TrimmerMini Glue Dots
***Save 10% if you buy the Spooky Cat Stamp Set and Cat Punch as a bundle!***
Instructions to make these Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets Easy Halloween Treats for Kids
- Cut a strip of Spooky Night Designer Series Paper that is 1″ x 3″. I used one of the orange patterns for my sample.
- Use mini glue dots to wrap the strip of patterned paper around the Hershey Nugget
- Using black ink, stamp the cat on Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- Using the cat punch, cut out the stamped image. In addition, cut out an additional cat from Pumpkin Pie cardstock that will be used for the back.
- Use mini glue dots to adhere the stamped cat to the side of the Hershey Nugget.
- Use mini glue dots to adhere the un-stamped cat to the back side of the Hershey Nugget.
- Use a mini glue dot on the back side of the stamped cat’s head and press to the back cat to hold.
- Use a mini glue dot on the back side of the stamped cat’s tail and press to the back cat to hold.
- Cut a 6″ piece of black and white baker’s twine and tie in a small bow around the cat’s neck.
- Use 2 gold metallic enamel dots for the cat’s eyes. (A paper piercing tool makes it easier to transfer the dots exactly where you want them.)
Repeat the process for as many of the Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets treats that you want to make.
Pin this Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets Easy Halloween Treats for Kids Tutorial for Later:
I hope you have enjoyed this Spooky Cat Hershey Nuggets Easy Halloween Treats for Kids tutorial. For more fun Halloween ideas, be sure to check out the rest of my Halloween crafts. So tell me… Have you made any Halloween crafts yet? Be sure to leave me a comment below – I would love to hear from you!