Looking for ideas for Thanksgiving favors for adults? These rustic wood crates are filled with Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares and are so easy to make.
This week, I have shared several ideas for turkey favors that would be perfect Thanksgiving treats for kids, but what about the adults? I like to give them a little something special too. If you are looking for DIY Thanksgiving favors for adults, I have a great project for you today.
These little crates are made with wood textured patterned paper. Each one holds about 4 Ghirardelli Chocolates, but you could fill them with the treats of your choice – other candy, flavored herbal tea bags, after dinner mints, a small bag of mixed nuts, etc.
The wood crates are adorned with a pumpkin and gourd, as well as the sentiment “I am thankful for you” which makes them perfect to give as a little treat to all your Thanksgiving guests. The finished wood crates measure 3-1/4″ wide by 1-1/2″ deep x 1-3/4″ tall.
Supplies needed to make these rustic wood crate Thanksgiving favors for adults
Pick a Pumpkin Stamp SetPainted Harvest Stamp SetWood Crate Die SetPatterned Pumpkins Die SetStitched Shapes Die SetWood Textures Designer Series PaperCardstock in Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Crumb CakeInk in Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and BlackAdhesive (Mini Glue Dots, Tombow, Snail)1/4″ Copper TrimGusseted Cellophane Bags
Rustic Wood Crate Thanksgiving Favors Instructions
- Using Pumpkin Pie ink, stamp the tall pumpkin from the Pick a Pumpkin Stamp Set onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- Using Crushed Curry ink, stamp the gourd from the Pick a Pumpkin Stamp Set onto Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Using black ink, stamp the “I am thankful for you” sentiment from the Painted Harvest Stamp Set onto Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Using Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, cut the wood crate die twice.
- Use the tall pumpkin and gourd dies from the Patterned Pumpkins die set to cut out your stamped pumpkin and gourd images.
- Use the 2-1/4″ stitched oval die from the Stitched Shapes die set to cut out your sentiment.
- Fold all crease lines on your wood crate die cuts. Add adhesive to one of the end flaps then stick it to the handle end of the other crate die cut piece. Repeat for the other flap to form the sides of the crate.
- Add adhesive to the 2 bottom pieces and fold in, pressing to adhere them together to form the base of the crate. Make sure the smaller flaps are on the inside of the finished crate.
- Add adhesive to the tall pumpkin and stick it to the left side of the crate.
- Add adhesive to the oval with the thankful sentiment and add to the crate, overlapping the pumpkin slightly.
- Add adhesive to the gourd die cut and adhere it over the top of the pumpkin and oval.
- Add the treat of your choice to a small cellophane bag.
- Cut 9″ of copper trim and use it to tie the bag closed. Add the treat bag to the crate.
Pin this idea for Thanksgiving favors for adults for later:
If you make any of these rustic wood crate Thanksgiving favors for adults, you will have to come back here and let me know how they turned out. So tell me… Do you make favors for your Thanksgiving meal? Be sure to leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you!