These pretty mini mason jar thank you favors are filled with hot cocoa bath salts and are so easy to make. They would be great thank you favors for birthday parties, weddings, showers, and more!
Whenever we host a party or celebration, I always like to give each of my guests a small little gift to thank them for coming. These pretty mini mason jar thank you favors are filled with bath salts and would be a great little treat for anyone who attends your party.
You can fill these mason jar favors with bath salts, small candies, or other treats of your choice. I filled mine with hot cocoa bath salts. These bath salts take just minutes to mix together. Cocoa powder is full of antioxidants that are great for your skin. The recipe also includes powdered milk to moisturize your skin, and epsom salts to help soften your skin. I have included the recipe for hot cocoa bath salts in the instructions later on in this post.
I made these mini mason jar thank you favors using the Stampin Up Petal Palette stamp set and coordinating Petals & More die set. All week long I have been featuring the pretty Petal Palette Stamp Set in my projects.
You can click on the images below to see the other Petal Palette tutorials.
Petal Palette Mini Mason Jar Thank You Favors Supply List
1.5 oz Hexagon Glass JarsPetal Palette Stamp SetPetals & More Thinlits DiesPetal Passion Designer Series PaperBanner Triple Punch1/8″ Circle PunchLayering Circle Framelits DiesGold 3/8″ Metallic-Edge RibbonVery Vanilla 1/2″ Lace TrimLinen ThreadStampin Blends Markers in Pink Pirouette and Old OliveBasic Black Archival Ink PadMini Stampin DimensionalsMini Hot Glue Gun
- If you buy the Petal Palette stamp set and Petals & More Die Set as a bundle, you save 10% off the retail cost.
- If you use this month’s host code (see sidebar for current code) when you purchase the bundle, you will also receive a free Petal Pair Embossing Folder from me.
- Plus your purchase of the bundle earns you a free Sale-a-bration gift from Stampin Up! Woo-hoo!
Petal Palette Mini Mason Jar Thank You Favors Instructions
Fill the mini mason jar with bath salts, small candies, or whatever else you choose. I filled mine with hot cocoa bath salts. These bath salts are quick and easy to together. You probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
Hot Cocoa Bath Salts Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 epsom salts
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
Stir until well combined and pour into the mini mason jar. You can make a larger batch of the hot cocoa bath salts recipe by using equal amounts of each of the ingredients.
Now let’s decorate the mini mason jar…
Cut the paper:
- Cut a 2 inch circle from Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. I used the mini flower pattern with the black background. You can use a 2″ circle punch to cut this out or the 2″ circle die from the Layering Circles die set
- Cut a 1″ x 3″ strip of cardstock. I used the color Pink Pirouette.
- Cut a 1″ x 3″ strip of Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. Use the same pattern as the circle.
- Use the Banner Triple Punch to punch one of the ends on the cardstock strip and the Designer Series Paper strip.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole at the center of the top of the 2 banners (opposite the punched end).
Stamping / Coloring:
All stamps are from the Petal Palette Stamp Set.
- Use black ink to stamp the Thank You sentiment on the Pink Pirouette banner.
- Use archival black ink to stamp the flowers on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
- Use the Old Olive Stampin Blends markers to color in the leaves on the stamped image.
- Use the Pink Pirouette Stampin Blends markers to color in the flowers on the stamped image.
- Use the dark Pink Pirouette Stampin Blends marker to color a 12 inch length of gold metallic edge ribbon
Please note: Anytime you are coloring with Stampin Blends, you should have something beneath your paper to protect your work surface. The color will bleed through the cardstock – as is typical with all markers that contain alcohol based dye ink. I use a scrap of cardboard cut from an old shipping box to protect my work surface.
Use the corresponding die from the Petals & More die set to cut out the stamped flowers image.
- Allow your hot glue gun to heat up.
- Use hot glue to adhere the 2″ circle to the mini mason jar lid.
- Add 3-4 Mini Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the flowers die cut and stick to the center of the jar lid.
- Cut a 6 inch length of Linen Thread and string through the holes on the banners. Tie around some Very Vanilla Lace Trim, about 4″ from the end. (Leave the lace trim on the spool so you can cut only what you need.) Cut the tails of the linen thread short.
- Use hot glue to adhere the Very Vanilla Lace Trim all along the side of the jar lid. Overlap slightly in the back and trim the excess.
- Tie a bow in your colored Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. (I use my DIY bow making tool to ensure I get a perfect bow every time.) Trim the ends at an angle to about 1″.
- Use hot glue to adhere the bow just above where the tags are tied to the lace trim.
Pin this DIY Party Favors Tutorial for Later:
While you are here be sure to check out the rest of my DIY party favors tutorials. Until next time… Happy crafting!