These beautiful Light of Heaven handmade Christmas cards reflect the true meaning of Christmas and are so easy to make.
These Light of Heaven DIY Christmas cards were made with the Stampin Up Star of Light stamp set and the coordinating Starlight die set. The gold foil ornate star is the focal point of the card and it also features gold embossed text.
Star Of Light Stamp SetStarlight Thinlits DiesVersamark Ink PadGold Embossing PowderWhite Embossing PowderHeat ToolFine Tip Glue PenGold Foil SheetsCardstock in Whisper White and Night of NavyPersonal Die Cut Machine
Cut the paper
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Place the long edge at the top of a scoring board and score at 4-1/4″. Fold along the crease line to form the card base.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to 5-1/4″ x 4″.
Stamping / heat embossing
- Rub an Embossing Buddy over the entire surface of the Night of Navy cardstock. This will help ensure that embossing powder doesn’t stick anywhere but the ink.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp the swirl twice, referring to the image above for placement.
- Pour white embossing powder over the swirl stamps, tapping to remove the excess.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp the “Light of Heaven” stamp in the upper left corner.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp the “Light of the World” stamp in the lower right corner.
- Pour gold embossing powder over the text stamps, tapping to remove the excess.
- Run a heat tool back and forth over the embossing powder until it melts.
- Use the star outline die to cut a star in the middle of the Night of Navy cardstock.
- Use the Precision Plate and the ornate star die to cut out a star from Gold Foil paper.
- Place the ornate star die on the foam mat and run the die brush back and forth over the back side to help remove the die cut from the die.
- Add adhesive to the back of the Night of Navy cardstock piece and stick it to the card base, making sure it is centered and there is an even border all the way around.
- Use a fine tip glue pen to adhere the ornate star to the star shaped opening on the card.
Pin this handmade Christmas card idea for later:
While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of my handmade Christmas card ideas. I hope they inspire you to do some Christmas creating. Happy crafting!