These pretty handmade Christmas ornaments feature a winter village scene and would look great hanging on your tree. You could also use them as a gift topper.
Fillable Plastic Clear Ball Ornament, Medium, 2-3/4-InchHearts Come Home Stamp Set and DiesHeat ToolGold Embossing PowderSilver Embossing PowderVersamark Ink PadGold Foil SheetsFine Tip Glue PenLayering Circles Die SetShimmery White CardstockGold 1/8Gold Mini Sequin TrimQuilted Christmas 1/4Big Shot Die Cut MachineDie BrushPrecision Base
Hearts Come Home Christmas Ornament Instructions
- Use the largest scalloped circle die in the Layering Circles die set to cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
- Use the 2-3/4″ circle die in the Layering Circles die set to cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
- Use the Hometown Greetings die set to cut out a house and tree from White Shimmery Paper.
- Use a 2-3/4″ circle die to cut the village scene into a circle to fit on the Night of Navy circle.
Prepare the house die cut
- Turn the negative of the village die cut over and trace the house onto the back of a piece of gold foil paper. Cut it out.
- Use a Fine Tip Glue pen to add glue to the back side of the white shimmer paper house and back it with the gold foil piece you just cut out. This makes it look like the house is lit up at night.
Stamping / Embossing
- Use Versamark ink to stamp the All Hearts come home for Christmas on the back of the Night of Navy scalloped circle.
- Pour gold embossing powder over the stamped sentiment and use a heat tool to melt the powder. It will change color as it melts.
- Use Versamark ink to stamp Santa’s sleigh and reindeer at the top of the Night of Navy circle (the other circle – not the scalloped one).
- Pour silver embossing powder over Santa and his reindeer and use a heat tool to melt the powder.
Assemble the ornament
- Apply foam mounting tap to the back of the village die cut and stick to the circle die cut just below Santa’s sleigh.
- Apply adhesive to the back of the village scene circle and stick it to the scalloped circle, making sure it is centered.
- Pull apart a cotton ball and glue a small bit beneath the house and tree for snow.
- Working quickly, add hot glue to the edge of one half of the snap apart plastic ornament. Center on the scalloped circle with the village scene facing into the ornament half.
- Use hot glue to stick gold sequin trim all around the edge of the ornament where it meets the scalloped circle.
- Cut a 9″ piece of 1/8″ gold ribbon and thread through the hole in the ornament. Line up the ribbon ends and tie a knot to form the ornament hanger.
- Tie a small bow from Quilted Christmas ribbon and hot glue to the top of the ornament.
Other variations you can make with the Hearts Come Home stamp set and Hometown Greetings die set:
This ornament was made using the edgelit die with the church. I then stamped the moon and stars in the background and embossed them in gold.
For this ornament, I used the edgelit die with 3 houses and then cut it down to just use 2. The moon and stars are embossed in gold.
For this ornament, I used 2 rows of houses. The moon and stars are embossed in gold.
Pin this Hearts Come Home handmade Christmas ornaments tutorial for later.
For more holiday crafts, be sure to check out the rest of my Christmas crafts.