Fall is definitely here. There’s a chill in the air and the leaves are changing colors. So today I was inspired to make some handmade fall thank you cards.
To make these fall thank you cards, I used the playful Thankful Forest Friends stamp set and the pretty Into the Woods Designer Series Paper Pack. I just love the rich colors and nature inspired patterns in this paper pack. It’s just perfect for fall crafting.
Update for 2016 – these have been retired by Stampin Up, but you can still use this tutorial to make cards using the fall paper and stamps of your choice. I have included some alternate stamp sets and papers in the supplies list below.
I may be in the minority, but I still think it’s important to send thank you cards to let people know how much you appreciate their kindness. So I like to keep a stash of thank you cards on hand for when I receive a gift or when someone helped me out. If you want to make some of these pretty fall thank you cards to have on hand, keep reading to learn how.
For more cardmaking inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of my handmade card ideas.
Handmade Fall Thank You Cards Supply List
- Fall Stamp Set
- Patterned Paper in Fall Colors / Designs
- Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- Cardstock (Brown, White, and a fall color of your choice)
- Brown Ink Pad
- Tape runner
- Circles Die Set
- Die Cut Machine
- Banners Die Set
- Paper Trimmer
Hero Arts K5870 Thank You with Flourishes Woodblock StampWe R Memory Keepers Woodgrain Goosebumpz Embossing Folder, 2 Per PackagePattern Paper Pack – Sweater Weather – Scrapbook Card Stock Single-Sided 12
- Cut a piece of brown cardstock to 5.5″ x 8.5″
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4″ x 5.25″
- Score the brown cardstock at 4.25″ and fold to form your cardbase.
- Cut a piece of fall patterned paper to 4 x 5.25″ then cut along the diagonal from one corner to the other, forming a triangle.
Emboss the front half of the card base using a wood grain embossing folder.
To emboss only 1 side, put the front half of the card into the embossing folder, then fold the back half behind the embossing folder. Then run through your die cut machine to emboss the cardstock.
Stamp a thank you sentiment onto white cardstock using brown ink.
If you need a thank you sentiment stamp, here are some good choices…
Hero Arts H5894 Many Blessings Woodblock StampHero Arts K5870 Thank You with Flourishes Woodblock StampStamp Simply Clear Stamps Thanksgiving Welcome Fall Christian Religious 4×6 Inch Sheet – 16 Pieces
- Use a 2 3/8″ diameter circle die to cut out the sentiment. This circle die set has 8 different sizes of circles if you don’t have one.
- Use the next size up circle die to make a circle from plum cardstock (or the fall color of your choice).
- Cut (2) 2.25″ banner die cuts from plum cardstock (or the fall color of your choice). If you don’t have a banner die set, this banner die set has 7 nesting sizes.
Assembling your handmade fall thank you cards:
Adhere the patterned paper triangle to the embossed cardstock base.
Adhere the banners to the top of the patterned paper triangle as shown.
Adhere the sentiment circle to the Rich Razzleberry circle. Center the circle on top of the banners and stick down.
Adhere the white cardstock piece to the inside of your card for your handwritten note.
Make a Matching Envelope:
Use an Envelope and Liner Die Set to cut an envelope liner from matching paper. Insert into your envelope and add a bit of adhesive to keep it in place.
Stamp the front of your envelope with one of the critters from the Thankful Forest Friends Stamp Set.
Pin this Thankful for You Handmade Fall Thank You Cards Tutorial for later:
While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of my fall and Thanksgiving crafts. If you made these handmade fall thank you cards, you will have to come back here and let me know how they turned out. Happy crafting!