Looking for simple handmade Christmas card ideas? This cute Christmas card features a stamped candy cane and a festive background. This card would be quick and easy to make for anyone on your Christmas card list.
I just started making my Christmas cards for this year. I usually make 4 or so different designs so that I have a good assortment to send to family and friends.
When I first saw the Candy Cane Season stamp set, I knew I had to get it for making Christmas cards. It’s such a cute set and it’s so versatile too. Plus it has a coordinating candy cane punch that makes quick work of cutting out the stamped candy canes.
Cardstock colors needed:
- Mossy Meadow
- Cherry Cobbler
- Whisper White
- Snail Tape Runner
- Stampin Dimensionals (regular and mini)
- Mini Glue Dots
Cut the paper:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Place the long edge at the top of a scoring board and score at 4-1/4″. Fold in half to form your card base.
- Cut a piece of cardstock (Mossy Meadow or Cherry Cobbler) to 4-3/4″ x 4″
- Cut a piece of Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper to 4-1/2″ x 3-3/4″
- Cut a piece of cardstock (the same color you used earlier) to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
All stamps come from the Candy Cane Season stamp set.
- Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp the holly leaf twice on the square of Whisper White cardstock. You want the stems pointing towards each other in the center.
- Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp the bow on a scrap of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp the sentiment (Be Jolly or tis the Sweet season) in the bottom right corner of the card base.
- Use Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the candy cane outline.
- Use Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the candy cane details, lining up with the outline image.
The candy cane image is stamped with 2 different stamps. I highly recommend using the Stamparatus so that you get the images lined up perfectly.
A Stampin Spot is perfect for inking up the stamps on the Stamparatus plates. (Regular size ink pads will get ink all around the image.) Stampin Up sells uninked Stampin Spots in packs of 5. You can then use a Cherry Cobbler ink refill to add ink to the pad to stamp the candy canes.
Use the Candy Cane Builder Punch to cut out the candy cane and bow images.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper layer to the cardstock layer. Then adhere this to the card base above the sentiment.
- Adhere the white square to the colored cardstock square. Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere this to your card, centering it on the Designer Series Paper layer. You want the square at an angle with a point facing up.
- Use Mini Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the candy cane shape to the center of the layered square. Center the candy cane between the two holly leaves.
- Use a mini glue dot on the back of the bow shape and adhere it to the candy cane.
- Use mini glue dots to adhere 3 gold sequins to your card. They can be placed at the bottom to the left of the sentiment or surrounding the candy cane.
Pin this Christmas card tutorial for later:
While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of my Christmas crafts. Until next time… Happy Crafting!