These DIY pumpkin napkin wraps are so easy to make and would be just perfect for your Thanksgiving table. They feature a cute little 3-D pumpkin and a rustic burlap ribbon. Keep reading to learn how to make them.
Thanksgiving will be here in less than a month. Since most stores disregard Thanksgiving in the rush to fill their retail space with Christmas merchandise, I tend to make a lot of Thanksgiving crafts to decorate my house and table.
Today’s project was to make 12 Thanksgiving napkin wraps for my table setting. I just love the cute 3D pumpkin. With the stitching around the edges, you don’t even have to mess with adding ink to the edges to add dimension.
The sentiment on these Thanksgiving napkin bands was stamped with the “Gather Together & Give Thanks” sentiment stamp from the Stampin Up Painted Harvest stamp set.
DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Wraps Supply List:
DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Bands Instructions:
Cut the paper:
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 2-1/2″.
- Place the long edge of the cardstock at the top of a scoring board and score at 2-1/2″ and 6″. Fold backward on the score lines to form the band.
Use the “Gather Together and Give Thanks” stamp from the Painted Harvest stamp set and stamp the sentiment in the bottom center panel on the band.
Die cutting / Paper punches:
- Use the 1-7/8″ circle from the Stitched Shapes die set to cut 6 circles from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- Use the leaf punch to cut a leaf from Old Olive cardstock.
- Use the Classic Label punch to cut a label from Soft Suede cardstock. Use scissors to cut the shape in half, reserving the second half for the next Thanksgiving napkin band you make.
- Add two strips of Tear & Tape Adhesive to the backside of one of the ends of the band. Fold the other end in. Remove the adhesive backing and press the adhesive into the other end to form the napkin band.
- Apply Tear & Tape Adhesive to one end of the burlap ribbon. Remove the adhesive backing and press into the center back of the band.
- Run the burlap ribbon around the front of the band and back again to the back side. Cut the excess and use the same adhesive to stick the other end down.
- Score 5 of the die cut circles down the middle and fold in half. Apply adhesive to the back half of one of the circles and press into the back half of another of the circles. Repeat this process to add the 3 remaining folded circles to form the 3-D pumpkin.
- Apply adhesive on the lower half of the cut Classic Label shape and press into the back of the 3-D pumpkin.
- Apply adhesive to the lower stem of the leaf and press into the back of the 3-D pumpkin.
- Apply adhesive to the last circle and press into the back of the 3-D pumpkin to secure all the pieces in place.
- Use Tear & Tape Adhesive to adhere the pumpkin on the center of the front of the band, just above the sentiment.
Pin this Thanksgiving craft project for later:
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and it has inspired you to make some Thanksgiving crafts. Until next time… Happy crafting!