These handmade cards feature an adorable skating snowman and are so easy to put together. If you love to color, then you need to make this card!
I love snowmen! Although I do try to send out Christmas cards each year that reflect the true meaning of the season, I am sorely tempted to send out cards with cute little snowmen, like this one I am sharing today.
This card features the super cute Spirited Snowmen stamp set. If you love to color, this is a great stamp set to add to your collection. I had so much fun playing with my Stampin Blends and Wink of Stella pen while making this card. I don’t claim to be an expert on coloring, but Stampin Blends give great results even if you are a novice.
Spirited Snowmen Stamp SetSwirls & Curls Embossing FolderBig Shot Die Cut MachineLayering Ovals Die SetClassic Label PunchStampin Blends MarkersStazon Ink PadClear Wink Of Stella Glitter BrushGold 3/8″ Metallic-Edge RibbonRhinestone Basic Jewels
Stampin Blends Markers Colors: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Smoky Slate
Cardstock Colors: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, and Whisper White
Adhesive: Tear & Tape Adhesive, Snail Tape Runner, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin Dimensionals
Free offer valid during November 2018 only.
Cut the paper:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Place the long edge at the top of a scoring board and score at 4-1/4″. Fold in half to form your card base.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to 5-1/4″ x 4″.
All stamps are from the Spirited Snowmen stamp set.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the skating snowman using Stazon black ink.
- On another scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the “Your friendship warms my heart” sentiment using black ink.
All coloring is done using Stampin Blends markers.
- Use the Pumpkin Pie markers to color in the snowman’s nose
- Use Crumb Cake to color in the snowman’s boots and arms.
- Use Smoky slate to color in the skate blades.
- Use Night of Navy to color in the snowman’s buttons
- Use Cherry Cobbler to color in the hat pom poms
- Alternate between Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, and Daffodil Delight to color in the stripes on the scarf and hat.
Paper Punching / Die Cutting:
- Use the Classic Label Punch to cut out the sentiment. Also cut an additional label from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Use the 3-1/4″ oval die from the Layering Ovals Die Set to cut out the stamped snowman.
- Use the 3-1/2″ scalloped oval die from the Layering Ovals Die Set to cut an oval from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Use Snail Tape Runner to adhere the snowman oval to the scalloped oval.
- Use Snail Tape Runner to adhere the sentiment label to the Cherry Cobbler label. You want to offset the sentiment slightly up and to the right to give it a shadow effect. See the image above if you have any questions about placement.
- Cut a 5″ length of Gold Edge Ribbon and use mini glue dots to adhere across the middle of the embossed Night of Navy piece. Use mini glue dots to secure the ends on the back side.
- Use Tear and Tape adhesive on the back of the Night of Navy layer. Remove the adhesive backings and adhere to your card base, ensuring there is an even border all the way around.
- Use Mini Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment in the bottom right corner of the card.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the snowman to the center of the card.
Pin this handmade Christmas card tutorial for later:
While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of my handmade Christmas card tutorials. Until next time… Happy crafting!
Want to get the supplies to make this card at a discount?
Purchase the Stampin Up starter kit for $99. You get $125 worth of items of your choosing plus FREE shipping! That also entitles you to a discount on all your future craft supply purchases. No need to sell anything – ever!