Nothing says summer like ice cream! Just the mere mention can set your mouth watering. Mmmmmm homemade strawberry ice cream! Today’s summer birthday cards tutorial was inspired by that favorite frozen treat.
My youngest two daughters both have summer birthdays and both looooooove ice cream. I think they would eat it everyday if I would let them. So I created this birthday card with them in mind. These adorable ice cream cards would work equally well for kids and adults alike.
I just adore the little ice cream embellishment on this card. I used a sponge dauber to apply some ink around the edges to give it some dimension. So stinkin’ cute!
Shopping List for this Ice Cream Treats Summer Birthday Cards
Cool Treats Stamp SetFrozen Treats Framelits DiesTasty Treats Designer Series PaperVery Vanilla 1/4″ Satin RibbonChocolate Chip Ink PadPear Pizzazz CardstockWhisper White CardstockSizzix Big Shot Die Cut MachineTombow Multipurpose Liquid GlueSnail Adhesive Tape RunnerMini Glue DotsStampin’ Dimensionals
Just a heads up that although the Cool Treats stamp set and coordinating dies will be carrying over to the new catalog, the Tasty Treats Designer Series paper will not. It was featured in the 2017 Occasions catalog and it will only be available until May 31st. Right now the Tasty Treats DSP is on sale for 60% off (while supplies last) so it is a GREAT time to pick some up if you love that paper as much as I do.
Watch the ice cream summer birthday cards video
Ice Cream Cone Birthday Cards Instructions
Prefer written instructions to make these summer birthday cards? Here ya go….
- Pear Pizzazz cardstock – 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ to form and A2 card base
- Ice Cream Cone Paper – 4″ X 4-1/2″
- Die cut a medium banner (3-1/2″) from Pear Pizzazz cardstock
- Die cut an oval (2-5/8″) from Whisper White cardstock
- Die cut the ice cream cone from the waffle cone pattern paper
- Die cut the scoop of ice cream from Blushing Bride cardstock
- Die cut the chocolate drizzle from Chocolate Chip cardstock
- Cut a 6″ length of the Very Vanilla ribbon
- Glue ribbon to the base of the ice cream cone paper. Adhere ends on the back with mini glue dots.
- Use Snail Adhesive to stick the ice cream layer to the top of the card base.
- Adhere the banner to the left side of the card, referring to pictures for placement.
- Adhere the white oval to the card, referring to pictures for placement.
- Use Blushing Bride ink and a sponge dauber to add ink to the edge of the ice cream scoop die cut.
- Glue the scoop of ice cream to the top of the cone.
- Glue to chocolate to the top of the scoop of ice cream.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to stick the finished ice cream embellishment to the card.
- Using Chocolate Chip ink, stamp the “I hope your day is as sweet as you are” sentiment at the bottom of the card base
- Using Chocolate Chip ink, stamp the “Happiest Birthday” sentiment on the inside of the card
And that’s all there is to it! You could easily make a bunch of these summer birthday cards in no time at all to have on hand for any June, July, or August birthdays.
Pin this Summer Birthday Cards tutorial for later…
I had so much fun making these cute ice cream treats summer birthday cards. I love how quick and easy they were to make. So tell me… what have you been crafting lately?