This beautiful embossed heart card is simple to make and would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or a February birthday. Keep reading to learn how to get the Sweetheart embossing folder and the card kit to make this card absolutely free.
Each month I like to send a thank you gift to my Stampin Up customers who place an order during the month. It’s my way of thanking you for supporting my Stampin Up business. I am so grateful for being able to do something I love each day and that my Stampin Up business allows me to stay home with my kids.
This month’s customer appreciation gift will be perfect for Valentine’s Day card making! You will receive a Sweetheart Embossing Folder and a Valentine’s Day embossed heart card kit.
Here’s what the January 2018 free gift will contain
- Sweetheart Embossing Folder
- card base and all layers cut for you
- heart die cuts
You just need to add the stamping. I used the Lovely Wishes stamp set to complete this card, but you can use any stamp set you like.
To get your free Sweetheart embossing folder and card kit, you just need to place a $50 or more (before tax and shipping) through my online Stampin Up store and use this month’s host code: WCDWMPN9.
If you have any questions about using the host code or ordering, please send me an email. I would be happy to help!
Offer limited to one free gift per month – US only. Offer expires January 31, 2018. (Reading this after January 2018? That’s ok! I offer a free gift each month. Check out the current month’s gift here.)
Please note: if your order is over $150, please do not use the host code. Any order over $150 earns Stampin Rewards which means more free product for you! No worries – you will still receive the free gift from me.
This pretty embossed heart card was made using the Stampin Up Sweetheart embossing folder and the Lovely Wishes stamp set. Both are brand new products from the 2018 Stampin Up Occasions catalog.
So let’s get started and I will show you how to put these handmade Valentines Day cards together.
Supplies needed to make an embossed heart card
Sweetheart Textured Impressions Embossing FolderLovely Wishes Stamp SetSweet & Sassy Framelits DiesBerry Burst 1/2″ Finely Woven RibbonPainted With Love Designer Series PaperCardstock in Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, and Calypso CoralFast Fuse AdhesiveStampin’ Dimensionals
Instructions to make these embossed Valentine cards
Please note: I am including complete instructions for the Valentine’s Day embossed heart cards below. If you receive the January customer appreciation gift though, all the cutting will be done for you so you just need to stamp, emboss the heart, and put the card together.
Cut the paper (done for you in the kit):
- Rich Razzleberry cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Place the long edge at the top of a scoring board and score at 4-1/4″. Fold in half to form card base.
- Whisper White cardstock: 5-1/4″ X 4″
- Pink Pirouette cardstock: 5-1/4″ X 4″
- Use the smallest heart from the Sweet & Sassy Die Set to cut 2 hearts from Painted With Love Designer Series Paper. (Done for you in the kit.)
- Use one of the middle sized heart dies from the Sweet & Sassy Die Set to cut a heart from Calypso Coral cardstock. (Done for you in the kit.)
Center the Pink Piroutte cardstock piece in the Sweetheart embossing folder and run through your die cut machine.
Stamp the “You warm my heart” sentiment on the center of the scalloped heart die cut. (Or use the stamp of your choice.)
- Adhere the Whisper White cardstock piece on the inside of your card.
- Use Fast Fuse adhesive to adhere the embossed heart piece to the card front.
- Cut a 12″ length of coordinating ribbon.
- Add adhesive to the center of the embossed heart. Run the ribbon back and forth 3 times, pressing to adhere it to the adhesive.
- Add Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the stamped Calypso Coral heart and adhere over top of the ribbon.
- Add Stampin Dimensionals to the patterned hearts and stick one in the top right corner. Stick the other one in the lower left corner.
Pin this handmade card tutorial for later:
If you would like to see more projects like this embossed heart card tutorial, be sure to check out the rest of my handmade card ideas. Happy crafting!