These Be Merry Christmas Treat Boxes are inexpensive and easy to make. They would make a great holiday surprise for coworkers or you could use them as favors for your child’s class holiday party.
I made up a bunch of these cute Christmas treat boxes to have on hand this holiday season. They are great to hand out to the mail carrier, the baby sitter, your child’s teacher, or anyone else you like. They are super simple to make and can be filled with whatever treat you like.
Be Merry Christmas Treat Boxes Supplies Needed
Clear Tiny Treat BoxesBe Merry Designer Series PaperCherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched RibbonBoxwood Wreaths EmbellishmentsMetallic Enamel ShapesFlurry Of Wishes Photopolymer Stamp SetClassic Label PunchWhisper White Craft Ink PadFast Fuse AdhesiveMini Glue DotsMini Stampin’ Dimensionals
Be Merry Christmas Treat Boxes Instructions
- Assemble the clear treat box according to package instructions.
- Fill the box with candy or the treats of your choice. You can fit about 12 Hershey’s Kisses in one of these boxes.
- Cut a piece of Be Merry Designer Series Paper to 4-1/8″ X 4-1/8″
- Score the paper lightly at 1″ and 3-1/8″.
- Rotate the paper 90 degrees and again score at 1″ and 3-1/8″.
- Crease all the fold lines.
- There is a square in each corner formed by the fold lines. In each corner square, cut one of the fold lines. This will form the flap to help assemble your box lid.
- Add Fast Fuse Adhesive to the box flaps on the side of the paper that you want to have face up on the lid.
- Fold each flap behind the lid side and press to adhere.
- Place the lid on the box.
- Add a mini glue dot to the end of the Cherry Cobbler Double Stitched Ribbon. Press into the middle of the box lid you made from Designer Series Paper.
- Wrap the ribbon around the box and overlap the other end slightly, trimming the excess. Use a mini glue dot to hold the other end in place.
- Use a hot glue gun to adhere a boxwood wreath embellishment to the top of your treat box lid.
- Tie a small bow from the Cherry Cobbler ribbon and use hot glue to stick it to the top of the wreath.
- Add 3-4 metallic enamel dots to the wreath.
- Stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment to a scrap of Real Red cardstock.
- Use the Classic Label Punch to cut out the sentiment.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the Merry Christmas Label to your treat box.
Pin this Be Merry Christmas Treat Boxes post for later:
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial to make Be Merry Christmas Treat Boxes. So tell me… have you started your holiday crafting yet?