Since I work from home, I like something simple for lunch so I can get back to work. So most days that is a sandwich. It’s quick, satisfying, and delicious – especially when I make it on a Brownberry Sandwich Thin. Made with whole grains and coming in at just 100 calories, Brownberry Sandwich Thins are the perfect start to any sandwich!
Lately, my favorite sandwich to have for lunch has been chicken salad. However I am not content with just mayo, chicken, and a few seasonings. I like to kick it up a notch and add a bit of fruit and nuts to add an additional burst of flavor with each bite. So I thought today I would share a recipe for my favorite chicken salad.
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or the nuts of your choice)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced cherries fruit (or you could also use grapes or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce and tomato (optional)
- Brownberry Sandwich Thins or 2 slices of Brownberry Bread
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, nuts, celery, and fruit. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken and stir well to combine. Serve on Brownberry Sandwich Thins or the Brownberry bread of your choice, topped with lettuce and tomato if desired.
I love using Brownberry bread for my sandwiches because they don’t have any high fructose corn syrup and they provide a healthy dose of fiber.
Here are some more of the benefits of Brownberry products:
- All of Brownberry® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Brownberry® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain/are:
- 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice or thin
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- A cholesterol free food
- The Brownberry® Healthfull® bread varieties contain/are:
- Made with 100% whole grains
- Good source of fiber
- 80 calories per serving
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Heart healthy*
- Zero grams of Trans Fat
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and as low as possible in trans fat, may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Do you love sandwiches as much as I do? Here’s a chance to share your favorite creations and in the process have a chance to win some cash too! Brownberry Bread is hosting the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” contest with a grand prize of $25,000 and 5 additional prizes of $5,000 each. That’s a lot of moolah!
Information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest:
- The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Brownberry® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
- Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Brownberry® Sliced Breads, including any of the Brownberry® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
- This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
- The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
- Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
- More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found at http://www.americasbettersandwich.com .
In addition, Brownberry® Bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread to Feeding America for each entry and or vote submitted, with a minimum of 75,000 and up to 100,000 loaves donated. So by submitting your favorite sandwich recipe, you can also feel good that you are helping feed the hungry!
For a chance to win, you can submit your sandwich recipes at http://americasbettersandwich.com/
*Please note: Brownberry® bread is available in the Midwestern U.S. It can be found in the Eastern U.S. as Arnold® bread and in the Western U.S. as Oroweat® bread
In addition to letting you know about the recipe contest, I am also pleased to announce that you have another chance to win right here at Creatively Homemade. Brownberry Bread would like to bless one Creatively Homemade reader with a prize pack that includes 12 Brownberry free product coupons and a $25 Visa Gift Card to put toward your favorite sandwich fillings. The lucky winner will receive 6 coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Brownberry® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice and an additional 6 coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Brownberry® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice.
Entry is easy through the Rafflecopter form below. The giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older. You have until 11:59 pm on July 27th to get your entries submitted. Good luck!
Disclosure: The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Brownberry® Bread. All opinions are my own.