Need a small holiday gift to hand out to friends and co-workers this holiday season? These Hug in a Mug hot cocoa favors are a great way to let people know you care and they are so simple to make!
Have you been doing any holiday crafting yet? Now is the time before things get too hectic. Today I have a fun tutorial to share with you for cute Hug in a Mug hot cocoa favors. They would make great favors for your kid’s class Christmas party or as a small gift to hand out to your co-workers.
Hot Cocoa Favors Supplies Needed
Hug In A Mug Stamp SetSwiss Miss Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Mix PacketsStitched Shapes Die Set (optional)Be Merry Designer Series PaperQuilted Christmas 1/4″ RibbonSimply Scored Scoring BoardEK Tools Heavy Duty Slot PunchWe R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper ToolInk Pads in Black, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, and Real RedCardstock in Whisper White, Garden Green, and Cherry CobblerFast Fuse AdhesiveStampin’ Dimensionals
Hug in a Mug Hot Cocoa Favors Instructions
Cut the paper
- Cut the cardstock (either Garden Green or Cherry Cobbler) to 7-3/4″ X 5-1/2″.
- Cut a 3″ square from the same color cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ square from Whisper White cardstock (or use the largest sized square die from the Stitched Shapes die set).
- Cut a piece of Be Merry Designer Series Paper to 8-1/2″ x 4″.
Assemble the hot cocoa favor base
- Place the long edge of the cardstock along the top edge of your score board. Score ate 3-5/8″ and 7-1/4″.
- Use a bone folder or your fingernail to fold along both the score lines.
- Add Fast Fuse adhesive to the flap and fold to the other edge to form a pouch.
- Optional – use a corner rounder to round all the edges.
- Use a slot punch or a hole punch on the middle of the top edge to form a hole to add the ribbon later.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment on the bottom edge of the Whisper White square.
- Using black ink, stamp the mug outline just above the sentiment.
- Using Crumb Cake ink, stamp the mug filler inside the stamped mug outline.
- Using Smoky Slate ink, stamp the whipped cream on the top of the mug.
- Using Real Red ink, stamp the candy cane on the side of the whipped cream.
- Add Fast Fuse adhesive to the back side of each short edge of the piece of Designer Series paper. Also add a bit of adhesive to the backside of the paper in the middle. Wrap the patterned paper around the pouch and press to seal.
- Add Fast Fuse adhesive to the cardstock square and add to the front of the pouch at an angle.
- Add Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the stamped image and stick down to the cardstock square, making sure the image is straight.
- Cut a 15″ piece of Quilted Christmas ribbon and thread through the slot from front to back.
- Squeeze the ends of the pouch lightly to open slightly and push down the ribbon a little bit.
- Add the hot cocoa packet to the pouch, being sure to catch the ribbon. Push the hot cocoa packet all the way down into the pouch. Adjust the ribbon ends if necessary so they are both the same length.
- Tie a knot in the ribbon just above the top of the pouch. Trim the ends.
To pull the hot cocoa packet out, just pull up on the knot.
Pin this Hug in a Mug Hot Cocoa Favors tutorial for later:
So I hope you enjoyed this Christmas craft tutorial and it has inspired you to get started crafting for the holidays. So tell me… who would you make these Hug in a Mug hot cocoa favors for this holiday season? Be sure to leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you!