Filled with chocolate candies, these turkey favors for Thanksgiving are sure to be a hit. No one needs to know how easy they were to make!
Supplies to make these Turkey Favors for Thanksgiving
Plastic Dome Treat Containers2″ Plastic Vending Machine CapsulesM&M’s Fall Harvest Milk Chocolate CandyStampin Up Cardstock18 mm Googly Eyes2 inch Circle Punch1-1/2″ Circle PunchDaisy PunchEK Tools Square Punch, 1-Inch, New PackageStitched Shapes Die Set
I used Plastic Dome Treat Containers found in the party supplies section at my local Michaels Craft Store. However, if you don’t have a Michaels nearby or would prefer to order from Amazon, the Gumball containers I linked to would also work. Just make sure the flat cap is covered by the tail feathers when you are assembling it according to the instructions below.
If you prefer die sets to paper punches, you could use the Layering Circles die set instead of the circle paper punches.
Thanksgiving Turkey Favors Instructions
- Heat up a hot glue gun.
- Fill each half of the treat containers with the candy of your choice. (I used fall colors M&M’s.) Put the halves together and twist to close.
- Cut a 2 inch and a 1-1/2″ circle from Soft Suede or Kraft cardstock. You can use either circle punches or dies.
Create the turkey face
- Cut a 1 inch square from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Fold in half corner to corner to form the turkey beak.
- Use the Daisy punch to cut a flower from Real Red cardstock. Use scissors to cut off 1 of the petals to use as the turkey waddle.
- Hot glue the waddle to the back of the beak, referring to the picture above for placement.
- Hot glue the beak to the bottom of the 1-1/2″ circle.
- Glue (2) 18 mm googly eyes just above the beak.
- Add a glob of hot glue to the center of the treat container and stick the face to it.
Make the tail feathers
- Die cut (6) 2-1/4″ ovals using the Stitched Shapes die set. I cut one each from Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, and Pumpkin Pie.
- Add a small amount of hot glue to the back of the edge of each oval and stick to the 2 inch circle. Arrange as shown in the photo to form the tail feathers.
- Add a glob of hot glue to the back of the treat container and stick the circle with the tail feathers to it.
If the last 2 tail feathers on either side are placed horizontally, you will be able to stand up your turkey favors for Thanksgiving at each place setting. So cute!
Alternate tail feathers idea: Cut 6 plain ovals and emboss them using the Seaside embossing folder to give them some texture.
Pin this turkey favors for Thanksgiving tutorial for later:
These cute turkey favors for Thanksgiving are so simple to assemble. They would be great fun to make for each place setting for your Thanksgiving table. So tell me…. Have you made any Thanksgiving crafts this year? What are you making?