Looking for mitten gift tag ideas? These 3 cute mitten tags are a quick and easy way to decorate your Christmas gifts.
When I was a kid, Christmas gifts were decorated with a storebought bow and a fold open tag cut from leftover wrapping paper. My mom didn’t want to put a whole lot of time or expense into wrapping gifts since the packaging would all just end up in the trash anyway. However, there is something magical about beautifully wrapped gifts sitting below a lit Christmas tree. And I can’t help myself – I want my wrapped presents to be pretty 🙂
Today I am continuing with my week long series showing you a bunch of fun different ways to use the Smitten Mittens stamp set and coordinating die set. (Side note: If you buy the stamp set and die set as a bundle, you save 10%!)
Today I am sharing how to make 3 cute mitten gift tags using this fun set. If you missed any of the previous Smitten Mittens projects, I have linked to them below.
Supplies to make these 3 mitten gift tag ideas:
Smitten Mittens Stamps and Dies BundleCardstock (Real Red, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Whisper White)Ink Pads (Real Red, Garden Green, Black, and Whisper White)Basic Black Baker’s TwineMetallic Enamel ShapesFine-Tip Glue Pen1/4 inch Crop-A-Dile Hole Punch100 Count Brad Fasteners
Mitten Gift Tags Tutorial
You can make these mitten gift tags using whatever color you want to match your gift wrap. For my examples, I used Real Red and Garden Green.
Mitten Gift Tag #1
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock to 2″ x 3-1/2″.
- Insert one end into the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and press down.
- Use a corner rounder on the other end to round the bottom corners of the gift tag if desired.
- Stamp the heart border from the Smitten Mittens stamp set on the bottom of the mitten gift tag.
- Just above the hearts, stamp “to: from:”.
- Stamp the 2 small mittens on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Use the coordinating small mittens dies in the Many Mittens die set to cut out the mittens.
- Tie a small bow into black and white baker’s twine. Trim the ends to about an inch.
- Put a small dot of glue just below the tag hole and adhere the bow to the gift tag.
- Add adhesive to the mitten die cuts and add to your tag so it looks like the mittens are hanging from the baker’s twine bow.
Mitten Gift Tag #2
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 2-1/2″ x 6″. Fold in half so you have a small card that is 2-1/2″ x 3″.
- Use the detailed mitten die from the Many Mittens die set to cut out the top layer for your tag (using the color of cardstock of your choice). Due to all the little details, it will be helpful to run this back and forth through your die cut machine several times and use the Big Shot die brush to help remove all those little pieces from your finished die cut.
- Use the plain mitten die that has the thumb on the same side as the die cut you just cut. Place the folded Whisper White cardstock on your cutting plate and then place the mitten die over it. You want the fold on the paper to be just inside the top of the mitten die so the folded edge remains after you run it through your die cut machine. Since you are cutting through 2 layers, it might be helpful to pass it through your die cut machine twice.
- Stamp the quilt star stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and use the coordinating die to cut it out.
- Use a Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the detailed mitten die cut to your folded mitten tag.
- Add adhesive to half of the quilted star die cut and place in the upper right corner of the mitten tag.
- Add a small metallic star from the Metallic Enamel Shapes embellishment pack to the center of the quilted star.
- Stamp “to: from:” on the inside of your gift tag.
Mitten Gift Tag #3
- Use black ink to stamp both the right and left mitten outlines on the color of cardstock of your choice.
- Stamp the cuff ribbing twice onto a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use black ink to stamp the cuff outline around the cuff ribbing.
- You can stamp and then die cut the embellishments for the left mitten (as I did on the red example above) or you can use Whisper White Craft Ink to stamp the embellishment directly on your mitten (as I did in the green example above). There are several cute mitten embellishments in this stamp set.
- Stamp “To:/ From:” on the other mitten in the pair.
- Use the mitten outline dies to cut out your mittens.
- Use the cuff die to cut out your mitten cuffs.
- Glue the mitten cuff die cuts to the mittens.
- Place the mittens with the stamped sides together so the thumbs line up. Use a hole punch in the right corner.
- Place a brad through the holes, position the mittens as shown in the image above, and open the arms on the brad to hold it in place.
Pin these 3 Mitten Gift Tag Ideas for later:
If you enjoyed these mitten gift tag ideas, be sure to check out the rest of my Smitten Mittens stamp set projects. It’s such a fun set to have on hand for all your holiday crafting! So tell me, have you been doing any crafting for Christmas yet? What have you been making for the holidays? Be sure to leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you!